Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Palos Verdes AYSO (Region 10). Youth volunteers may help in any of these positions: coach, co-coach, assistant coach, referee, trainer, or registration helper. This checklist applies to referees and coaching positions: coach, co-coach, and assistant coach.
1. Referees and coaches are needed most during the fall season, from Sept - Nov. They may also volunteer during winter soccer (Jan - Feb) and summer soccer (Jul - Aug).
2. Two youth volunteers may co-coach the same team or coach their own teams, depending on their preference and availability of coaching positions.
3. For youth coaches under age 18, an adult (registered with AYSO National as an adult volunteer) must supervise at practices and games. If you have an adult volunteer in mind, let your assigned Division Coordinator know. Otherwise an adult volunteer will be chosen from the division.
4. Complete an online AYSO youth volunteer form at ayso.bluesombrero.com/region10. After your register online, print and mail the form to:
AYSO Region 10
P.O. Box 2302
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
NOTE: If you use an electronic signature to sign the form, it is not necessary to mail the form to the PO Box. However, you must email the CVPA (found under Board Contacts) and advise him/her that you have completed the volunteer registration form with an electronic signature. Print a copy of the Volunteer form for your records. You will need to have this with you when you volunteer.
5. In addition to completing the Volunteer Form, you will have to complete mandatory Safe Haven and CDC Concussion training online, and register for coach (or referee) training online at aysou.org. To access these classes, you will:
- Log into your account at aysou.org.
- Click on "My Courses".
- For the AYSO Safe Haven and CDC Concussion courses, you will click "Open" on these courses and proceed until you complete the course.
- For the coach and/or referee courses, you will click on the "E-Commerce" tab and select "Products". Select "Coaching Training" or "Referee Training," select the applicable course, and pay the fee associated with the course. Note that at the completion of the course, you will be reimbursed by PV AYSO for the course fee. Also note that some courses require that you complete a portion of the training online at aysou.org and finish with a classroom and/or field session before you are fully certified.
6. Notify the Youth Volunteer Coordinator (see Board Contacts) when you've completed the youth volunteer form to be added to Region 10’s list of youth volunteers. If you would like to coach a particular division, mention this and whether you know an adult who will be present at the practices and games.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.