Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Palos Verdes AYSO (Region 10). Youth volunteers may help in any of these positions: coach, co-coach, assistant coach, referee, trainer, or registration helper. This checklist applies to referees and coaching positions: coach, co-coach, and assistant coach.
1. Referees and coaches are needed most during the fall season, from Sept - Nov. They may also volunteer during winter soccer (Jan - Feb) and summer soccer (Jul - Aug).
2. Two youth volunteers may co-coach the same team or coach their own teams, depending on their preference and availability of coaching positions.
3. For youth coaches under age 18, an adult (registered with AYSO National as an adult volunteer) must supervise at practices and games. If you have an adult volunteer in mind, let your assigned Division Coordinator know. Otherwise an adult volunteer will be chosen from the division.
4. Complete an online AYSO youth volunteer form. Here's how:
- Go to www.eAYSO.org
- Click the volunteer button
- Click on the 2nd option go to the youth volunteer form
- Complete the form and print it
- Sign the form (SEE NOTE BELOW)
- Mail the form to
AYSO Region 10
P.O. Box 2302
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
NOTE: If you use an electronic signature to sign the form, it is not necessary to mail the form to the PO Box. However, you must email the CVPA (found under Board Contacts) and advise him/her that you have completed the volunteer registration form with an electronic signature. Print a copy of the Volunteer form for your records. You will need to have this with you when you volunteer.
5. Plan to attend mandatory Safe Haven training and coach training. See the calendar on www.ayso10.org for scheduled sessions. Safe Haven training is also available online at www.aysotraining.org/index.htm
6. Notify the Youth Volunteer Coordinator (see Board Contacts) when you've completed the youth volunteer form to be added to Region 10’s list of youth volunteers. If you would like to coach a particular division, mention this and whether you know an adult who will be present at the practices and games.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.